Sunday, May 7, 2017

Exercise and Pain Perception in Older Adults

Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis has published an interesting study suggesting that physical activity can help older adults deal with pain.

Participants who logged higher levels of vigorous activity reported lower pain response to painful stimuli, and those who maintained light activity throughout the day reported they were able to better tolerate pain.

The study was published in PAIN (2017; 158 [3], 383-90)

You can find the article I read, here:  "Exercise and Pain Perception in Older Adults." IDEA Fitness Journal May (2017): 13. Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments here are moderated to keep the peace. I generally do not respond to comments, and I will approve any comment that is not inflammatory, so feel free to debate. If you would like a response from me (Dean), personally, please use the contact form to e-mail me.